Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Intro to my world

Well let me introduce myself. I'm a 30 year old single Mama from Canada. I have a ten month old daughter Gracie-Jean. These past ten months have been a wild ride.

So far I have experience colic, which I would not wish on my worst enemy. Learning to function on a hours sleep, which was much like living in haze for 4 1/2 months. On top of her having colic she had acid reflux which was also a nightmare, then at three months she got her first two teeth! By 5 months the colic and acid reflux disappeared. One day I put her to bed and when I awoke 6 hours later in sheer panic thinking something was wrong.. There she was still asleep in her bassinet. That was the day the colic left. Which I felt deserved a full celebration!

The past 5 months have had there ups and downs but have really been a piece of cake compared to the first 5 months! We are now up to 8 teeth and eating solids. Every day Gracie-Jean manages to surprise me, never a dull moment in our house. Nap time has become my best friend :-) Any parent reading this can relate I'm sure. It's a bliss full two hours of silence that I find myself longing for some days.


No comments:

Post a Comment